Saturday, September 20, 2014

Strengths and Weakness in UDL



In researching the UDL framework I have found that my strongest areas fall under both providing Multiple Means of Representation and Multiple Means of Engagement. The skills fall specifically under options for perception, recruiting interest and self-regulation.  I am always thinking of new ways to present materials to children so that they will absorb the information using their senses.  I have found that lessons designed with physical activity not only engage the student but also allow them to comprehend the material being taught.  Not only special education students but all students need to learn coping skills. These skills carry over into the “real” world.


Within the framework of UDL, I find my greatest weaknesses lie under the category of Multiple Means for Action and Expression specifically under optimizing access to tools and assistive technologies. My goal for this course is to become confident in the use of all technology.  I am already experiencing more confidence in using the computer!

http://www2.clarkschools.net/edtech/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/udl_wordle.png

3 comments:

  1. Denise,

    I love your "Wordle" or "Tagxedo" - it's a great visual! One of my weaknesses is utilizing physical activity. I agree with you that students respond better and are more engaged, but I find myself at the middle school level, having a difficulty incorporating this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jess. It is a great visual! I look forward to reading your blog throughout the semester.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that physical activity is a great way to present information to students. As you said the students are learning but are also up and moving, which can make learning more engaging. Physical activity is so important for me as an early childhood teacher. My students love to be up and moving!

    ReplyDelete